Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Duck for Cover!!





Jack and I are soaking up the last bits of summer!! Next week I am starting full-time and starting Jack in daycare full-time. I don't have to start until Aug 6th, but I feel overwhelmed with all the planning I need to do and it's hard to get anything done with Jack running around :) So, this week we are doing everything fun we can find in Alexandria!! Monday Laura and Bob came up for the day. Laura gave me a fabulous new haircut and Bob was so great playing with Jack! Yesterday we went to Petsmart and looked at all the birds, fish, and kittens and then went to McDonald's for an ice cream cone and the playland.

Today on our "fun list" was to go to the Horseshoe Baptist Church parking lot. Why? They have ducks everywhere!! There's a pond that runs in front of some really nice houses and I guess the residents enjoy looking out of their homes and seeing the ducks peacefully swimming in the water.

Well, there is nothing peaceful about these ducks!! They RAN to the car to greet us because they knew we had bread. Most of the ducks were as tall as Jack and were really mean! Jack got the hang of throwing bread to them and they would all crowd around and fight over the bread. It really was hilarious.

Sorry the pictures aren't that great. Every time I let go of Jack's hand he would run to the water to try to swim with the ducks!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Wow, sounds like yall had a fun and busy week! I miss being able to go places with Noah by myself, but we're getting the hang of going out with Jude too.

Hope you get a lot done next week on planning and such. Say hi to Jack for us!

Free Counter