Monday, August 4, 2008

Bonus Buy!!

I don't know about everyone else, but keeping the grocery bill down is the biggest budget struggle in our family! On the nightly news back in the spring, I saw a story about The Grocery Game. This wonderful lady takes all the work out of coupon shopping! All you do is clip coupons from the paper on Sundays and file them away. She pairs the store sale items with the coupon to get you a rock-bottom price! I've gotten our grocery bill down to about $100 a week (which includes toiletries, diapers, cleaning products, etc). It's lots of fun and I always get a thrill when the cashier says "You saved 20% with your Kroger card today!"

Still don't believe me? I got two 100 oz. bottles of Tide liquid laundry detergent for 8.99 a piece! That (hopefully) should get us through 12 weeks of laundry! Also, I got ribs for $1.74 a pound - ribs for four people were only 6.73. Two weeks ago I got 116 diapers for $13.80!!

I also got a beautiful bunch of gladiolus for $2.50!

Well, for any of you who are interested, the website is:

www.thegrocerygame.com

No comments:

Free Counter