Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Adventures

If you asked me what I did this week, I'm not sure I could tell you. That is the beauty of summer! Many times people ask me if I like working and would I want to stay at home. I will admit that there are some weeks during the school year when I would love to be at home. I get stressed, the students can be obnoxious, and I'm so tired at the end of the day. However, I do love my job. And more importantly, I love Jack's daycare. He learns so much while he's there! Jack is very social and talks about playing with friends all the time. AND, I'm there by 3:00 most days, and never after 3:30. Teaching really is a wonderful job for a mother. I only work 37 weeks of the year, I can call in anytime Jack is sick, and I have wonderful benefits.

But, oh, I do love summer. August 5th, the countdown will begin for summer 2010!

This afternoon, Jack and I ventured outside for a while. A wasp nest took over his swing. I got stung a few weeks ago and I'm not going near it again!


Clint's boss gave us some ferns from his yard (don't you love free plants?) and I decided to put them on the shady side of the house. After getting two ferns in the ground, I looked up and saw this HUGE wasp nest! The pictures are terrible because I was SO FAR AWAY when I took them.


Clint's parents are gone to Liberia for the month of July, and we have the privilege of keeping their dog, Ivory, while they're away. She's very old and can hardly move, so she sits on the front porch all day and snores!

No comments:

Free Counter