Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Officially Summer

This is the first week that I'm considering officially summer because Clint and Jack have recovered from surgery and VBS is over. And, baby, we are livin' it up. Teaching has its many challenges, but a huge perk is that I only work 9 months of the year. Every time I'm overwhelmed with life during the school year, I just take a deep breath and remember, "Summer is coming."

Clint is out of town most of the week, which stinks, but Jack and I are having a great time. Monday I worked out while Jack played with friends and then we went to the zoo. Jack loved the monkeys and the train. We went back home for a quick lunch, then headed to DeRidder to hang out with Amy Shillingburg and her precious son, Ben. Then we ate supper with Mom at New Life's VBS. After we put Jack down we watched Marley and Me. I cried, and that's a big deal, because as my sisters would tell you, I have a cold, cold heart. (Well, at least when it comes to movies). Sad movie! However, it was so refreshing to watch a movie where the husband and wife stay married through thick and thin.

Tuesday we went to Dry Creek for lunch at the camp and visited with Dee and PaPaw. Then, we headed home. Jack fell asleep in the stroller while we were taking a walk, and I just put him in bed and haven't heard from him since!

AAAhhhhh.....cleaned out storage building. You can't beat that.


Jack's expression riding the train.

Happy mommy and boy.

Seriously, why do I cook spaghetti?

1 comment:

Alice' M. said...

hey amanda. i miss and love you guys! this weekend is my first one of FREE TIME. sadly, i got sick and have been in bed. but i'm enjoying seeing these updates with jack. how did jack and clint's surgeries go? i hope they are doing well and i bet you were a great nurse! :)! how is the cat?! I want to know all thats going on!
i love you! see you in august!!

Free Counter