Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Single Mothers...Bless You

The winter months are especially busy for Clint at work. It's planting season, which means two crews from Mexico come and plant trees on clients' land. Clint and his coworker Robert stay busy keeping up with land, workers, trees, etc. Most days he is gone before I get up (and I get up at 5:15) and is home after Jack goes to bed. Several days, including today, he is gone overnight. He and Robert switch out Sundays, but now two crews are here, so they are both working Sundays for the next few weeks. I'm not saying that to complain, because I am so grateful that Clint has a steady job during these uncertain economic times. I'm only describing our situation to say that I've had an extremely small taste of what single mothers go through every day.

I've thought a lot about single mothers lately. Whether they are widowed, divorced, or never married, it doesn't matter. I have gained so much respect for single mothers over the past few weeks. Walking into church alone is difficult. I hope to never ignore a woman who is at church by herself. Just the every day errands and worries and chores would be overwhelming.

Even though the past few weeks have been difficult, God has shown me what a blessing I have in Clint. He has also taught me to reach out to mothers who don't have much help with their children. Anyway...ramblings just to say that I have a deep respect for women who do this on their own. Let me know if you need anything...

Here's a picture of Jack asleep tonight!

1 comment:

Robin said...

there is a lady at our church that will be a "single mother" until june. her husband is training to be a border control officer and is gone for 5 months. she has a one year old and she's pregnant. what's a good way i can reach out to her? i enjoyed her new posts!

Free Counter